The things you need bit:
330g Dark brown sugar
3 Ripe Bananas
1 tsp Vanilla extract
1 tsp Baking powder
235ml brewed Singl Coffee
1 tsp Cinnamon
2 Handfuls Pecans
3-4 tbsp Maple syrup
The boring bit:
- Brew a Singl coffee bag for 5 minutes in 235ml of boiling water. Remove the coffee bag and leave to cool to room temperature.
- Preheat oven to 180°C
- Grease the inside of a loaf tin
- Roughly chop a handful of pecans
The messy bit:
- Cream the butter and dark brown sugar in a large mixing bowl.
- Mash bananas until soft.
- Add mashed bananas, eggs, and vanilla to the creamed butter and sugar mixture. Mix until well combined.
- In a separate bowl combine flour, baking soda, cinnamon, salt and chopped pecans.
- Add half the flour mixture and half of the cooled coffee to the banana mixture. Stir until combined, then add remaining flour and coffee and stir to form a batter.
- Pour the batter into a well-greased loaf tin. Lightly press some pecans onto the surface of the batter.
The waiting bit:
- Bake for 1 hour 10 mins.
- Remove from oven and leave to cool for 10 mins.
- Brush the surface of the cake with the maple syrup. 2-3 coverings.
- Remove from the tin and leave to cool on a wire rack.
The tasty bit:
- Once cooled, slice and serve with a fresh coffee.